Sunday, January 10, 2010

Goals: Twenty-Ten.


I wrote as many goals on a sketch book piece of paper... crap. I forgot to include my random 1 hour drawing sessions on here. Feeling highly inspired still from the Gorky exhibition. I think finally letting go of all my apprehensions of being an artist and enjoying art again is helping. I ran into the Pearlman Building today for a quick second and started to view this wonderful embroidered quilt exhibition from India.


The women who made these quilts were extremely skilled in embroidery. The colors and textures were so impressive-- even at times making their quilts three dimensional with their technique. Check out the exhibition online to see the images they often would stitch.

I also should put on my goals list to be more organized with my energy. I have spent the whole afternoon researching letter press and calling my father for advice on printing more than focusing on revising my Photoshop syllabus for class this semester. Too much to do, too little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment